Your trust matters to us.
We understand that the protection of your personal data is important to you and we are committed to protecting your privacy and the security of information that can directly or indirectly be used to identify a natural person (hereafter “Personal Data”). We have created this privacy notice (hereafter “Privacy Notice”) to explain how Pascale Masselis collects and uses Personal Data.
When this Privacy Notice mentions “Pascale Masselis”, “we”, “us”, or “our”, Pascale Masselis is referring to the company Buttons cvba that is deciding on the purposes and means of the processing of your Personal Data under this Privacy Notice.
When you decide to provide us with your personal data, you confirm that you have read through these conditions for the protection of your personal data.
Last update: September 2022.
+ - Who does this Privacy Notice applies to?
This Privacy Notice applies to you if you are a customer of Pascale Masselis, a supplier of Pascale Masselis, or if you contact Pascale Masselis, for instance, by visiting our website including any (sub)pages, using social media or if you receive emails from Pascale Masselis.
Our brand and website are not aimed at children. In principle, we do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18 please rely on a parent or guardian to assist you.
+ - What Personal Data does Pascale Masselis collect?
As a rule, the Personal Data that you provide directly or indirectly to Pascale Masselis when using our services and visiting our Websites are:
- Contact information. Such as your name, address, e-mail address and phone number;
- Financial information. If an item was purchased through our website his will include your bank account number, payment status, shipping address and invoices;
- Account information. This will include log-in details, including your email address, and other information provided through your account;
- User and preference information. This will include – as applicable – reviews, complaints, history of purchases, communication and shopping preferences;
- Automatically generated information. This will include IP address, a unique device or user ID, system and browser type, date and time stamps, referring website address, content and pages you accessed on our Websites or mobile apps, dates, times and locations actions take place and click-stream information;
If you correspond with Pascale Masselis by email, we may retain the content of your email messages, your email address and our responses.
+ - Why does Pascale Masselis process Personal Data?
Personal Data shall be collected, used, stored or otherwise processed when necessary within the framework of responsible, efficient and effective business management.
In most cases, we will process your information so that we can carry out the contract that exists between Pascale Masselis and you.
In general, Pascale Masselis processes your Personal Data based on one of the following legal grounds:
- The processing is necessary to perform an agreement between you and Pascale Masselis,
- The processing is necessary for us to comply with our legal obligations,
- Where appropriate and required, we will ask for your consent.
Pascale Masselis shall only collect, use or otherwise process Personal Data if the processing falls within the scope of one (or more) of the legitimate business purposes listed below:
- Product development, research and improvement of Pascale Masselis products and/or services.
- Performing agreements. This includes shipping services, tracking services, communication with individuals and other parties regarding services, responding to requests for (further) information, dispute resolution and preparing agreements (e.g. link the shipment tracking number to your account to enable you to follow your shipment).
- Relationship management and marketing for commercial activities. In general, Pascale Masselis processes Personal Data as necessary for the development and improvement of Pascale Masselis products and/or services, account management, client services and the performance of (targeted) marketing activities in order to establish a relationship with a client and/or maintaining as well as extending a relationship with a client or supplier.
- Business process execution, internal management and management reporting. This includes addressing activities such as managing company assets, finance and accounting.
- For billing, account management and other administrative matters. We may need to contact you for invoicing, account management and similar reasons and we use account data to administer accounts and keep track of billing and payments.
- Safety and security. Personal Data shall be included in the processing for activities such as those involving health and safety, the protection of Pascale Masselis and customer or supplier assets and the authentication of customer, supplier or business partner status and access rights (e.g. provide safe and secure services for online and offline transactions).
- Compliance with legal obligations. This addresses the processing of Personal Data as necessary for compliance with laws, regulations and sector-specific guidelines to which Pascale Masselis is subject.
+ - Who has access to your Personal Data?
We ensure that only the persons who are effectively required to process your personal data for their professional activities within Pascale Masselis have access to your data.
As a rule, Pascale Masselis shares your Personal Data with third parties in the following circumstances:
- Third parties if such is necessary. Pascale Masselis shares certain Personal Information with its shipping company, credit card processing company, payment service provider (such as Stripe), email service provider and other third parties necessary in order to fulfill an order placed on our Site. These third parties are prohibited from using your Personal Information for promotional purposes.
- Data processors, i.e. parties processing Personal Data on our behalf. Pascale Masselis may share Personal Information and other information we collect with our Service Providers and other third parties in connection with our marketing and business development efforts.
- Employees of Pascale Masselis if and to the extent necessary for the performance of their tasks. In such a case, access will be granted only if and to the extent necessary for the purposes described above and only if the employee is bound by confidentiality.
- If and when required to do so by law, court order, or other legal processes, for example, with law enforcement agencies or other governmental agencies, to establish or exercise our legal rights or in connection with a corporate transaction or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
All information voluntarily shared by you through forums, comments, or blog posts is publicly available and your username may be visible by other Users. Pascale Masselis is not responsible for any information you submit that can be read by other Users.
+ - How long will Pascale Masselis process your Personal Data?
We will retain your Personal Data no longer than necessary for the purpose(s) for which we process your Personal Data. After the retention period, we will delete or anonymise your Personal Data, unless we need to retain certain of your Personal Data for another purpose. We will only do so if we have a legal ground to retain your Personal Data.
Please contact us using the contact details above if you have questions about specific retention periods.
+ - What measures does Pascale Masselis take to protect your Personal Data?
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. Pascale Masselis has taken appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your Personal Data against accidental or unlawful processing, including by ensuring that:
- Your Personal Data is protected against unauthorised access;
- The confidentiality of your Personal Data is assured;
- The integrity and availability of your Personal Data will be maintained;
- Actual or suspected data breaches are reported in accordance with applicable law.
+ - Where does Pascale Masselis store or transfer your Personal Data?
We are committed to taking all the appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data against destruction, loss, unintended alteration, damage or disclosure. To guarantee this protection, we periodically make back-ups, among others.
+ - Social Networks & Advertising
These are cookies we use to offer you personalised and relevant advertisements, to determine how many times a certain advertisement is displayed, to calculate the effectiveness of a certain advertising campaign, to keep track of past visits and to share the collected information with the third parties involved, such as the advertisers. These are used on the Website and placed on your device by third parties.
+ - Newsletter
You can oppose the use of your data for direct marketing by clicking on the “sign out” button that you will find in all of the direct marketing documents.
+ - What rights can you exercise in relation to your Personal Data?
Based on the law applicable to the use of your Personal Data, you have rights in relation to your Personal Data. Note that we will have to balance your rights and your request to exercise them against our rights and obligations to process your Personal Data and to protect the rights and freedoms of others. A number of the rights you have in relation to your Personal Data, as applicable in the European Economic Area, are explained below:
- Right of access
You are entitled to a copy of the Personal Data we hold about you and to learn details about how we use it. We require you to prove your identity before providing the requested information.
- Right to rectification
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate and complete. However, if you believe this is not the case, you have the right to request that any incomplete or inaccurate Personal Data that we process about you be amended.
- Right to erasure
You have the right to ask us to erase your Personal Data. However, this will need to be balanced against other factors. For example, we may not be able to comply with your request due to certain legal or regulatory obligations.
- Right to restriction of processing
You are entitled to ask us to (temporarily) stop using your Personal Data, for example where you think that the Personal Data we hold about you may be inaccurate or where you think that we no longer need to use your Personal Data.
- Right to data portability
You may have the right to ask that we transfer the Personal Data that you have provided to us to a third party of your choice. This right can only be exercised when you have provided the Personal Data to us, and when we are processing that data by automated means on the basis of your consent or in order to perform our obligations under a contract with you.
- Right to object
You have the right to object to processing that is based on our legitimate interests. You may also ask us to stop using your Personal Data for marketing purposes at any time, and if you do so, Pascale Masselis will immediately cease to use your Personal Data. For other purposes based on our legitimate interests, we will no longer process the Personal Data on that basis when you file an objection unless we have a compelling legitimate ground for the processing. Note, however, that we may not be able to provide certain services or benefits if we are unable to process the necessary Personal Data for that purpose.
- Right to withdraw consent
We may ask for your consent to process your Personal Data in specific cases. When we do this, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. FedEx will stop further processing as soon as possible after the withdrawal of your consent. However, this does not affect the lawfulness of the processing before consent was withdrawn.
+ - What if I have other questions or complaints?
Questions or complaints regarding the processing of your Personal Data can be directed to Pascale Masselis by using the contact information as provided at the top of this Privacy Notice.
+ - Edit or delete your account.
If your personally identifiable information changes, or if you no longer desire to maintain an account on the Site, you may correct, update, amend, delete/remove or deactivate your account by making the desired changes on the account profile page.
+ - Will there be updates to this Privacy Notice?